[YLUG] Future Plans

Martin Leventon redgore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 13:50:30 UTC 2011

On 27 Feb 2011, at 13:40, Alex Smith <alex at alexsmith.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 01:25:39PM +0000, Zoe Stephenson wrote:
>> Other news: I'm leaving the university at the end of March to work for
>> a local company doing software development and on-site customer support
>> and such.  Since I've also been meaning to for a while, this seems like
>> the right time to announce that I'll be stepping down as LUGMaster for
>> YLUG.  I've had an incredibly long term of office and we've done many
>> awesome things, most of which I couldn't have done without much support
>> from many people, but especially Liam in helping out with some of the
>> socials and the comprec people for helping out with Installfests.  But
>> now it's time for me to focus on other things.  I urge anyone even
>> remotely interested in helping to run YLUG in future to make themselves
>> known, maybe get in touch with me, and we'll see what the future might
>> look like.
>
> Agreed - thanks to both Liam and Zoe for their hard work over the last N years.

Second that, while not a local I have always been made very welcome by
Zoe and everyone else when it comes to the installfest. I would have
to say that YLUG has always seemed to be the best run LUG I have come
across, and that is in no great part thanks to zoe. I am sure I won't
be the only person wishing you well in your future endevours Zoe, and
am sure you will keep being an integral part of the workings of the
LUG