[Autistic] Game remake compo

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 8 10:02:10 BST 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 02:01:47AM +0100, Baza wrote:
> If I wanted to have a crack at remaking 'Manic Minor' would I need to
> get permission from the person who wrote it?

I suspect so if you wanted to use any of the intellectual property
(such as level layouts) or trademarks (such as the name).  Although
maybe you really could call it Manic Minor and make it about
rampaging children. ;)

On the other hand the copyright owner Matthew Smith has stated that
he doesn't care about ports of Manic Miner unless they make any
money in which case he wants his cut, which seems fair enough.

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB