[Autistic] mail server upgrade

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Mar 20 20:43:08 GMT 2006

Thanks to Andy and the other guys at lug.org.uk we have a lot more anti
spam features on the mailserver.  The good news is I won't have to deal
with so much spam, the bad news is some people might have problems with
the new system rejecting or delaying their mail.

If you are on a dynamic ip listed as a naughty one (such as my bt
address) you might have problems (as I have ;-) ) the solution is to
send your message through a more trusted mailserver.  This message is
sent through gmails smtp to test if that works.

If anyone has any problems email me and I will relay your concerns on
the lugmaster list.  The solution for many people will be to use just
something like gmails smtp and if anyone needs a gmail account drop me a
line and I will send you an invite.  If you have to use a blacklisted
server drop me a line and we can sort something else out.

cheers
sparkes

PS, welcome to all the new members who have signed up over the last few
days, quiet lot aren't you ;-)