[Bassetlug] migrating from windows

DvHllswrth at aol.com DvHllswrth at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 10:45:19 GMT 2006

Hi Mark,
Ive been trying to use the usb modem(adsl) but after reading around the
linux forums they confirm what I soon realised, they are not recognised. so I
have ordered a Netgear modem/router to connect to eth0. This seems to be the way
everybody suggesting works easiest and the setup is "  fairly  simple " .
I hope to use both mirosoft and linux through the router but I'll see whats
what when I get it next week.
The onboard  vga didnt like Mandrivia and would only boot to 480*640  so ive
swapped a card around and got 1280*1024, superb display. I am very  pleased
with this distro as dvd and cd players both work without needing codecs  and my
camera installed ok even though it is a newish model.
I got no help from AOL regarding linux but the forums seem to suggest that
connection is possible, we  will see, or migrate to another.

Best Regards,
                  David Hallsworth