[Bassetlug] LUG meeting reminder

Mark Pengelly (webstuff) markshop at pengelly.info
Tue Apr 1 15:02:41 BST 2008

Hi All,

Just a reminder to you all that BassetLUG is planning to meet this
coming Friday, 4th April 7.30pm at The Crossing Church and Centre.

The meeting will be an install and play opportunity. Bring your own
distribution install disks (or use my ubuntu ones), laptop or old
machine and we'll plug and play.

I said that possibilities for the evening included:

    * Building a home server using samba
    * IPCop internet router firewall build
    * Install of a desktop system, eg Ubuntu

Nobody commented on that so I'm going to presume the last option might
be of most interest to most, unless anyone corrects me?

Bring a PC or laptop if you want to have a go at an installation and a
£1 or so for coffee!

Be good to know how many might be there???

There's has been a lot of legal discussion about liability for LUG
install evenings lately on the UK LUGMasters discussion board; needless
to say it's all on your own head, except that it's not possible legally
to exclude liability from death or personal injury, apart from that
everything else is your own lookout, but you probably guessed that anyway!

markp lugmaster