[Bassetlug mailing] eGroupWare]

Mark Pengelly Online markshop at pengelly.info
Thu Jun 5 14:20:38 BST 2008

resent for the mailing...

Responding to some of your comments Martin:

I only used a LAMP vmware server image with EGW 1.2 prebuilt when I was
trying to setup a test machine, so I didn't get to go through the proper
install process myself. For our production machine I think John built the
machine up from binaries nearly two years ago now.

Be glad to look at VMware server etc (and other options which john has had
some experience of recently), esp if John's there (on June 27th), we could
make that our focus perhaps?

We could get together (all 3?) and have a look at the db. Could be round
at mine (vpn in) or at The Crossing - When? First evening I have free is
17th June

My PDA is a palm tungsten e. I'm using using Synthesis SyncML Standard;
didn't get much joy with funambol. When attaching the usb pda to a windows
PC I had to also use Softick PPP:

"Softick PPP allows you to access the Internet or Local Area Network from
your Palm OS device using your desktop PC as a fast and cheap gateway.
Softick PPP was designed to establish PPP sessions over USB connection"

Without that I couldn't access the IP network... Don't know how I would
connect now that I'm using a linux desktop full-time (yey). At present I'm
quite merrily syncing the pda to Evolution's calendar using Gnome's 'Palm
OS Devices' module.

nuf for now I think!

markp