[Bassetlug] eGroupWare

MJ.Wells mj.wells at ischus.co.uk
Wed May 28 13:29:58 BST 2008

John, Mark,

I have been looking at the code for the site. I too am coming to the
conclusion that it is something to do with the way it is set up.

I am working on the assumption that something has rewritten the times to the
database. However, there should be no need to take any action at all as when
the update to the computer clock  occurs everything is still at the correct
time.

I think that Mark said that the database had been viewed subsequent to the
problem using phpmyadmin and that this confirmed that the actual time data
has been changed so that we can eliminate a wrong interpretation of the data
by the page code.

I say this because the line I am thinking on is that eGroupware is adjusting
for the time as it assumes that the computer time has not been automatically
updated.

Owing to my unfamiliarity with the product I haven't found a switch in the
setup that says whether eGroupWare should make the adjustment or leave it
alone. I would guess that the server has been told to do the update of its
clock and so further adjustment in eGroupware would be unnecessary.

Martin