[Bassetlug mailing] BassetLug Website

Mark Pengelly markshop at pengelly.info
Mon Oct 5 15:27:49 UTC 2009

Unless you want to do something with php/mysql who not simply stick with the
URL/webspace we already have? I'm quite happy to pass on logon details to
whoever might want to develop the current website.

I'm not convinced that the name of our URL makes much different to our
visibility on the internet and by sticking with the same one we remain
clearly allied to UK LUG (which can't be a bad thing?)

On the other hand I'm not precious about the whole issue and if the
concensus is to start over I shan't be offended... I would vote for a .
org.uk URL in that case.

Mark P

2009/10/5 Danny J Roberts <droberts23 at csc.com>

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to get the ball rolling on what we were talking about
> regarding the BassetLug Website. As I briefly mentioned I don't mind
> purchasing the domain name for the group to use.
>
> I know Martin mentioned having www.bassetlawlinux.xxx as the web address.
> Can people let me know if that address is OK and what Suffix they think
> would be best? The co.uk suffix is undoubtedly the cheapest but others
> such as .com and .org are pretty reasonable too.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> DANNY ROBERTS
> EMEA Cross Platform Services - Evergreen
> CSC
>
> GOS   I    p : +44 (0)1246 523915    I    droberts23 at csc.com    I
> www.csc.com
>
> CSC, Pavillion, Manor Offices, Old Road, Chesterfield, S40 3QT.
>
> CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
> mistake in delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
> operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
> explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
> the use of e-mail for such purpose • CSC Computer Sciences Limited •
> Registered Office: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot, Hampshire,
> GU11 1PZ, UK • Registered in England No: 0963578

Mark Pengelly
Worksop
Notts.