[Bassetlug mailing] LibreOffice - Support

Danny Roberts dannyroberts.personal at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:44:37 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I feel it is my duty to share various opportunities with you and important
news within the Linux & Open Source communities, and from now on will be
doing so via this list when something arises.

The first things I'd like to bring to everyone's attention is actually a
request for funding by The Document Foundation who look after and develop
LibreOffice which is replacing OpenOffice.org in pretty much every Linux
distribution.

The Document Foundation require money to have themselves officially ratified
as a not for profit Foundation so that they can better support LibreOffice.
They require a total of €50,000. Now whilst this might sound like a lot they
are already at almost €10,000 less than 48 hours after announcing the
request.

If you want to give something back, but don't have the time or abilities to
contribute code/testing/documentation etc and have some spare money this is
a great way to give back.

More details about the particulars of the drive i.e. why they need it and
how to donate can be found on their official website here:
http://challenge.documentfoundation.org/

Kind Regards
Danny R