[Bassetlug mailing] BassetLUG Meeting

Danny Roberts dannyroberts.personal at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:05:21 UTC 2011

Hi Philip,

It's good to hear from you, and nice to know you're looking to the future of
the group. So what I'd like to do is here is take a little time to lay out
what lies ahead for the group and what is currently the general consensus
about how things need to happen.

-------------------------

Firstly, regarding the library. This is the ideal place we would like to end
up however I have been down to the library myself and spoken with the staff
in regards to cost etc and they are quite prohibitive even with the discount
of being a community group. Therefore what we need is: to get a stable group
of people into the group on a regular basis that would be able to sustain
the cost of the room rental. If you wish I could take a look at the costs
and give an estimate of how many people we would need to be attending
meetings before we could move to renting a room in the library if anyone is
interested in that?

If someone would like to submit an idea for an alternate venue please submit
them (either to this list or myself personally if you would prefer). I would
just ask you think the suggestions through first and if possible please
provide an explanation of why you think it is a suitable to let us assess it
better.

So right now it all boils down to the fact we need to increase our
membership base at our current meeting location before we can realistically
think about renting some where.

I think leaflets and/or posters are a great idea but they will need someone
to design them. Unfortunately I am not a designer so if any of you have
things you want to submit in this regard please go ahead. Like wise if you
have idea about the best methods of distribution for these types of
promotional materials please let us know.

Just a note I have spoken to everyone (where possible) over the past few
months about these changes and have been gathering every one's ideas to
reach this point. If anyone wishes to add anything at all to this
conversation please feel free to jump in.

A few of us have some other ideas on how to increase membership etc and when
we've worked through the kinks in our ideas we'll let you all know via the
mailing list.

Regards
Danny R