[Bassetlug mailing] Debian Wheezy

MJ.Wells mj.wells at ischus.plus.com
Tue Jun 19 13:13:29 UTC 2012

I have been actively following the bootloader/firmware development, in
order to support writing our own kernel, and it is leaping forward at a
fair pace.

As a result I have stumbled on:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1435

There are some important additions to this image:
  * inclusion of a tool to make it easy to resize the filesystem to
     use  the full SD card. raspi-config runs at first boot (and if
     you ssh in you are reminded you probably want to run it)
  * sshd is enabled by default, and you can disable it with
       `sudo update-rc.d ssh disable`.
  * future firmware updates will be delivered via apt-get upgrade.

I haven't tried it yet, it is downloading now, but I don't expect any
problems, however note that it is a beta so I will not be overwriting my
working Debian image.

Others say that:
SD card read speeds are up now
it’s happy with more cards than the old version

Martin