[Beds] October News

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Thu Oct 31 08:55:01 2002

Lee Larcombe wrote:
> Hi Neil, (everybody)
>
> As you are somewhat short of time etc at the moment, I am happy for
> any meeting organisation to come through me. I think it is important
> for us to form a more integrated group atmosphere. There are over 27
> members registered on the forum, and so far I have only met 4 of you.
>
> Please voice you opinions about what you would like meetings to
> acheive. Personally I am happy to have regular meetings as a social
> event, with only "special" meetings occasionally. We all have
> different experiences and areas of expertise, and this can be a
> valuable resource.

Having never been to any lug meetings for any area despite having previously
been a member of york lug, gllug and herts lug, I don't really know what to
expect from a meeting.  I want to attend but so far the meetings were always
on days I was busy, except for blug but I've only just moved here!
I agree that the meetings should be social.  I think when we've met each
other more we might have more of an idea of what interests and expertiese we
have for possible future talks/demonstrations.

> Lets get together and organise something for the near future. Let me
> have some opinions and we'll try and arrange a meeting that more of
> you will be interested in attending. If you have preferences for
> venues or locations then please voice them. I know we have some
> members who live further away etc, so we can try and cater for this.

I don't have much of a preference for location as I don't really know
Bedfordshire very well yet.  I'm over on the East border but I have a car
and can travel.

> Lee

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service