[Beds] mouse pointer acceleration

gibbsie gibbsie at gibbsie.org
Sat Apr 12 09:44:01 2003

Lee,

You're right in using xset for straight X Windows.

	xset m 3 4 # last two digits are acceleration/threshold

Put that setting in your ~/.xsession, together with the desired
acceleration/threshold, that way it'll get set at each session.  You can
also change the resolution of the mouse by changing/adding the following to
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

	Section "InputDevice"
	    Option   "Resolution" "1200"
	EndSection

However, this only changes the resolution (the accuracy) not the
speed/acceleration.

I can't remember off the top of my head this morning whether KDE/Gnome
provides a little utility that plays with the acceleration settings.
However if they do, and they probably do, then I can't imagine it does
anything other than adding/modifying the xset command in your ~/.xsession
file.

Hope it helps, have a good weekend.

Regards,
Oliver