[Beds] SparcStation 20 going to anyone who wants it...

gibbsie gibbsie at gibbsie.org
Wed Aug 6 12:10:00 2003

Darren,

Sparc's have a 13W3 connector (or the "weird" one as you put), so =
non-VGA.
It wasn't until the Sun Ultra that Sun boxes were equipped with VGA
connector based graphics adapters. =20

The Sparc's pump out a fixed frequency also, hence why their monitors =
don't
work on PCs.  Belkin however do do an adapter (or used to) for their
OmniView KVMs that allow you to control a Sun box (Sparc, Ultra, =
Enterprise,
whatever) via a PC monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Hope it helps.
Oliver