[Beds] database problem

Lee Larcombe lee at larcombe.uk-internet.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 13:38:00 2003

Hi

I know this is not particularly a linux question but I have a question about
MS Access for any of you DBAs out there.

I am trying to port an existing MS Access database to MySQL which is going
fine. However the Access DB which is currently still in use has just reached
100MB (well 100,929,536 bytes).

The problem is that even though data is being added (couple of hundred K per
day) the database has reported the same size for the last three days.

I don't know much about Access - is it possible to set an upper size limit
when you create a database? This DB was created by someone else a few years
ago so I don't know what they did.

If there is a size limit, what does access do when it is reached?

This database won't be around much longer (3 weeks) but I don't want access
screwing the data around between now and then

Well, thanks in advance - any help or info will be most appreciated

Lee