[Beds] A cautionary note

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 15:52:28 BST 2003

Hi All,

It appears that some commercial data harvesters have been bulk subscribing to
the UK LUG lists, ours included, without asking permission first.

If you post from your employer's domain, on LUG business, and are expressing
your own viewpoint, and not that of your employer, then please ensure you add
an appropriate disclaimer to the signature of your postings.

The UK LUG management's perspective on these harvesters is to unsubscribe them
automatically. It is up to individual LUGs to resubscribe them if they
disagree with the policy. My personal opinion on such subscriptions falls in
line with UK LUG management unless anyone can persuade me otherwise.

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc. - Beds LUGmaster