[Beds] Java Question

Stephen Elliott techweb at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 6 14:16:19 GMT 2005

Hi there,

I have a quick Java question I'd like to run past any Java Gurus out there.
I am writing a multi-thread chat server programming using RMI and want to
store all the
messages users send to each other in an array. The purpose being, when
someone new joins the chat room they will receive all previous messages
users have sent to one another. So far all I can do is store a predefined
amount e.g. 100. I have achieved this by creating a string array with 100
elements. What I would like to do is be able to store an infinite number of
messages but is it possible to create an array with an infinite number of
elements.

I hope what I have said makes sense, this is as you've probably guessed an
assignment we have been given at University. I have asked my lecturer and he
says this is beyond the scope of the course but to me it seems foolhardy to
write a program that will crash once 100 messages have been relayed.

Many Thanks
Steve...