[Beds] January Meeting

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 16:25:38 GMT 2005

Hi All,

A Happy New Year to you all and apologies for the lateness of this posting
(which is a side-effect of my switch from Mandrake to Gentoo - where does the
building stop and configuration begin?).

I will be happy to meet at the Pilgrims Progress Public House, Bedford, this
Thursday 13th, from 8:00PM onwards.

How about a little competition? The challenge is to create a utility to e-mail
a meeting notification to the list once a month. It should include the date
of the second Thursday of the month (as I have previously done) and inform
the list one week earlier.

Let's limit implementations to shell script and interpreted languages (runtime
compiled languages are permitted) to keep the scale small and submit your
(tested as far as the mailer command) source to the list for everyone's
amusement.

There's no prize for the winner other than the kudos of having notifications
sent out by your code - which will be appropriately acknowledged.

Happy hacking and see you on Thursday.

Regards,
Neil Darlow
--