[Beds] python question

Lee Larcombe lee at larcombe.uk-internet.org.uk
Tue Mar 22 21:19:08 GMT 2005

Hi

Thanks for your solution. Steve (Stephen Newey) also supplied an answer
that you might be interested in - below

\*quoted message pasted below*\
A string in Python is an immutable list, so you can treat it just like
one, eg:

for char in string:
    print char

Or...

print string[1:3]

To make it a regular list you could...

array = []
for char in string: array.append(char)

I'm pretty sure there's a better way of doing that, just don't recall
it right now :)

Hope that helps
Steve