[Beds] Digital Camcorder choice for Linux

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Sat May 28 17:19:15 BST 2005

Hi Ben,

On Saturday 28 May 2005 13:39, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
> Well, I can confirm that the tools exist and work since I have got DV
> video from my Panasonic DV camera, onto a DVD and been able to play it
> on a domestic DVD player but it was not all plain sailing.  VCD (S or
> otherwise) is also possible but I did not find it any easier.

It's nice to receive your response.

I have most of the software you reference installed (except dvd-mjpegtools) as
dependencies of DVDStyler which, I hope, will assist DVD authoring in respect
of chapters, menus etc.

I also found a DVD-Authoring Howto on the Gentoo Forums which looked even
more involved than what you describe. For someone who likes a challenge, I
think I will have my work cut-out for me on this one :-)

Regards,
Neil Darlow
--
OpenPGP Key: 0x531F9048 | Registered Linux User: 122512