[Beds] Digital Camcorder choice for Linux

Darren Parkinson darren.parkinson at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:11:09 BST 2005

I'd mentioned to Neil that Linux Format recently did (are doing) a series of
articles regarding Video Capture/DVD Authoring. I've just dug them out and
realise that they are based on using Kino which is actually a Gnome based
tool which would probably be no use to you Neil given your comments?

Anyway, it mentions that Kino can front-end dvgrab and they use DVDAuthor to
create the final DVD Output, finishing off with makeisofs, K3B, LAME and
GIMP, and also mjpegtools for Kino's export features...

If you'd still like them, let me know...

Regards,
Darren.

>I'm planning to use dvgrab and ffmpeg to capture/transcode the video
and
>kdenlive to perform simple editing (I've seen Kino but it has too many
GNOME