[Beds] Follow-up to November 2005 IRC Meeting

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 20:31:05 GMT 2005

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you to those members who joined the meeting.

Lee Larcombe and myself discussed the present status of Bedfordshire LUG
and formed the following action plan:

1) Lee will take over responsibility for the LUG web site from me and evaluate
tools for its construction. This will most likely result in a Perl-based CMS
and a simpler structure of the forums.

2) We will identify Special Interest Groups based on a survey of our members
and use the results to structure the web site.

I will shortly be producing a Member Survey to request information from you
regarding your use of GNU/Linux e.g. professional or hobby, which
distribution of GNU/Linux you use, what area of GNU/Linux interests you most
etc. and also solicit ideas for features which you would like to see on the
web site.

We wish to give Bedfordshire LUG a new impetus and focus for 2006 and your
input will be instrumental in achieving this.

Regards,
Neil Darlow - LUGMaster