[Beds] Who's Here?

Andy Clements awclements at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:24:47 BST 2006

> So here's a little list of questions for anyone who's interested....
>
> 1. Say Hi! So we know who's here ?

Hello

2. Whereabouts are you?

Living in Hoofddorp, near Amsterdam in the Netherlands, but was born in
Bedford and lived in the area for some considerable time.  Was involved with
the LUG some time ago when Neil / Gary and I think it was Lee were members
when it initially got off the ground.

Its a bit far to come for group meets but would be interested in IRC chats
etc.

3. What's your relationship with Linux? (how did you come to use it,
> what do you use it for, etc)
>
> Daily at work and home, used to be a system administrator, but recently
moved more to an application engineering role

4. What's your preferred distribution? (no need to get into why
> unless you really want to, just establishing a demographic!)

Ubuntu Dapper at home, upto six months ago I used Suse but Ubuntu seems to
allow me to do what I want.  Red Hat Enterprise at work.

5. What do you hope to get out of being involved with a Linux User
Group? What sort of things would you like to see the group do?

Keeping in touch with the linux scene in Bedfordshire, like others have said
learn and share knowledge.

Andy Clements