[Beds] Welcome to 2009!

Jim Halfpenny jim.halfpenny at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 21:13:29 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,
Now that the dust has settled on the winter festivities it's time to think
about 2009 and what it has in store. With all those new PCs purchased over
Christmas there's got to be a lot of people with a spare computer out there
and now would be a great time to organise an installfest. Here's a few
ideas, comments are more than welcome.

*Location*
I'm open to suggestions for a venue. Really all we would need would be
somewhere warm and dry with power, easy access and is preferably free. I
don't think we are going to find anywhere with Internet access but that
would be a plus.

*Volunteers*
Nothing is going to happen without your cooperation and there's plenty you
can do to help no matter what your ability and experience. As well as bodies
to help with the installations we'll need people to burn CDs and offer
advice. A guest speaker or two would add some entertainment if anyone feels
up to the task.

*Publicity*
It's going to be a lonely affair if no one turns up so we need to get the
word out. Obvious places would be notice boards and newsletters as well as
any local computer groups out there. Word of mouth is of course an excellent
way to entice would-be users and enthusiasts.

I think I'm done for now and it's time for you to take the floor. Ideas,
suggestions and advice all very welcome.

Regards,
Jim