[Blackpool] No meetings 31st, 14th.

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 15:59:55 UTC 2009

Thanks Mike

For information to everyone, and after talking with Mike on Saturday we
have decided to (try) and plan some forth coming topics for the Saturday
morning sessions. As the new Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) is released on
the 29th October it would be good to have an install session on the 7th
November. So if your interested and would like to see 9.10 in action
before trying yourself or want to go through the install process prior
to a self install then come along that Saturday.

I'll put Ubuntu on my laptop anyway, so it might be good to try
installing Kubuntu, but if most want to see the gnome install then we
could possible do both, but I think the install process is very much the
same for all the *buntus, and the derivatives such as Mint, or we could
go with the majority.

Mike for this Saturday could we have a go at a hard drive install of
puppy , tweaking it then creating a new ISO image so I have had a
practice before I give it a go here at home. If we have time I would
like to learn how to create a puppy on a USB/SD flash drive as well.

Hope some more folk can make the future meetings Mikes must be getting
fed up having to entertain me on my own each Saturday ;-)

Regards

Tony Hughes