[Blackpool] Meeting 30th Jan

Colin Parker 63a at lineone.net
Wed Feb 3 17:30:33 UTC 2010

We had an enjoyable meeting (at least I enjoyed it!) and looked at Karmic
Puppy, the new Fedora briefly, and tried to put two distros on one stick.
We didn't qwuite manage it but might try again next week - especially if I'm
allowed off the leash.

I tried here at the office and on my son't Windows machine at home to run
the Beta of Google's new OS but without success.

I wonder if I need to burn it onto CD rather than try & import it into
Virtual Box or VMware?

I also tried my CD of Tinycore & wonder if I need more in order to connect
to the Web.  A magazine article on it suggested as much, from a quick glance
in Smiths.

Hope to see you soon

Colin