[Blackpool] Blackpool meeting 6th Feb

Colin Parker 63a at lineone.net
Thu Feb 11 10:29:19 UTC 2010

It was nice to see a new member - sorry I didn't really get the chance to
chat -  I'll have to bring more biccies to clog Tony's vocal chords up!

Perhaps Les could bring his programming pack for us to look at & I'll bring
my Ubuntu mags in case he hasn't seen them.

Here's a link to a site where you can put Chrome ontro a stick - I'd be
delighted if there was time for that, but it isn't my show.

http://www.digitalability.co.cc/2010/01/how-to-install-google-chrome-os-in-to.html

and the link to Chrome

http://gdgt.com/google/chrome-os/download/

We put DSL on a stick & a newer version on a CD so I was pleased with that
last week.

What's a MAEMO based internet tablet please?

I'd be delighted to see unetbootin - then we can put Chrome on a drive.

I might possibly bring my machine in - I've downloaded Hylafax via Synaptic
but haven't got it working as at this moment.

An aside to Les - don't go & have an instant coffee berfore I arrive cos
I'll have a nice filter one for you.

An aside to Tony - we haven't done much for you lately so don't let me
monopolise the session!

Colin