[Blackpool] A hello

Rick Vause me at rickvause.com
Thu Feb 11 21:23:00 UTC 2010

Hello,

I had difficulty mailing a message with Gmail so trying again.

I am Rick. I am a web developer working in Blackpool and I have been
relying more and more on Linux as my workload has been increasing. This
has made me feel a little bad that I have not participated much in the
Linux community, but I have been trying to find ways to redeem myself
(OSS is, but not limited to, a karma thing for me).

I have started to write articles on my blog when I find something
interesting, I try to tweet stuff I find informative, and sift through
bugs on launchpad in an attempt to help as well as sit in ##django,
#mysql, #ubuntu-uk and ##php on freenode attempting to advise.

Something I thought would be a good idea to learn about and contribute
to the very local linux community would be to join a LUG. I did not
expect to find one in Blackpool.

So, hello.

Rick.