[Blackpool] Blackpool meeting 20th March

Colin Parker 63a at lineone.net
Thu Mar 25 15:10:16 UTC 2010

We had a good meeting - even tho' we were sorry Les wasn't there.  We hope
to see him next time.

We'll have a look at building your own system but might need Mike's help -
it looked a bit complicated at the site he suggested -
http://www.creo.hu/~csaba/lowlife/ well it looks so to me but I'll persist.

Although we didn't get my clunky old laptop working, when I got home &
played around, I got it working with a copy of DSL which Mike burned, then
thought didn't take & recycled as a beermat & then rescued.  The good thing
is, it even recognised my old PCMCIA network card & connected without any
tweaking!  Joy!  The only thing is, I'm not sure if DSL has a partitioning
tool but I'll play around & update you.

Mike says - enjoy the break - its he who needs one with all us lot to cope
with!

Colin