[Blackpool] Software Freedom Day

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 06:15:28 UTC 2010

Hi Les

The open disc project is for those still using windows environments as
all the software it promotes is available in most Linux disro's or can
be installed if needed.

It is a great way to show people that there are alternatives to MS
Office and Windows Media Player, etc. There is also a version of the
disc for secondary and collage students, with software that is useful in
an education environment.

I'm sure that there will be a stall on the day run by others, but I
think we will be busy and it would be quite an undertaking to try and
run two info stalls at one event however good a cause it is.

Tony