[Blackpool] Blackpool Digest

Colin 63a at lineone.net
Thu Jul 29 14:57:02 UTC 2010

Hello all - got rid of my scanner on Freegle - has everyone tried it - you
put stuff on you don't want & someone out there comes & takes it - stops
waste & reduces landfill!

I hope we'll find the time & enthusiasm to persevere with DSL & wireless on
Saturday (assuming as always the boss allows me out!).

I had another play with Les's 2 Ubuntu-for-PPC cds and found one was,as he
said, live, or at least, live was a boot option.  It looks great!  Open
Office is a tad slow but what can you expect?  Thanks again Les.  I'll bring
it in case you want a photo.

I picked up from somewhere a Server edition of Ubuntu.  It isn't live so i
thought I'd try in in Virtual Box but couldn't.  Perhaps if time allows...

And I also wondered if we could get Tiger working in VBox too - again
subject to time restraints and everyone else's wishes of course.

Hope to see you soon,

Colin