[Blackpool] Meeting-2010-1-16 suggestions required

MJ Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 13:06:54 UTC 2010

Today we spent the meeting discussing Linux, and debating the type of
projects we could undertake. This is a topic that we regularly discuss in
order to ensure that the group is meeting the needs of the membership.

As well as meeting the needs of the membership, it might be good if we could
tackle some advocacy type projects to encourage some new users to 'dip their
toe' in the Linux water. Tony has already made a start with his posts about
the open disk project.

Some projects can take a considerable amount of time and effort to complete,
and could give the impression that no progress is being made. To offset this
impression, it was suggested that we should take on some small projects that
could be started and finished in the 2 hours of the meeting.

Members are invited to put forward suggestions for projects/topics that they
would like to cover or see covered.

--
Best regards,
Mike Hewitt