[Blackpool] Latest blog update

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 13:50:33 UTC 2011

Hi Guys

Just read the post about the meeting yesterday sounds good, if everyone
can make it next week we may get another record as I'm planning to be there.

Peter - sorry I did not make the meeting on Wednesday but I ended up
installing some Linux HP Printer driver's for a friend that I got using
Ubuntu a while back as the bog standard printer configuration tool would
not work. I ended up downloading a package of there website and after
making the file executable installed the HP drivers and all now works
fine Print wise although I've not got the scanner working yet but he was
not bothered as he only uses it as a photo copier.

Anyone else having difficulty setting up an HP Printer in Linux visit
there support site and it directs you to a page where you can download
the driver package, they have .RPM and .DEB files which work with most
of the major distro's.

Les - thanks for the info re Giffgaff I'll check it out once I've got
the phone and had it unlocked, apparently you can get an unlock code off
the internet for 99p I'm going to check that out.

See everyone on Saturday.

Tony