[Blackpool] Fwd: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Lubuntu

MJ Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 11:33:39 UTC 2011

Hi Les -

I have installed Bodhi on the small Dell laptop that we used for the LTSP
test.
It looks nice.
I had to use safe mode install and several errors showed up during boot.
It is not that small, 300+ compared to puppy at100+ and Tinycore at 10!
It is not particularly fast either, again, not in the same league as puppy
or tinycore, probable more like crunchbang.
I like the fact that it has synaptic package manager, I installed Chromium
without a problem.
When I started a terminal, I could not type in it. Tried a root terminal,
could not type in that either.

It will be available for people to play with on Saturday,

Mike