[Blackpool] UCubed - This Saturday

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:50:52 UTC 2011

Hi everyone (anyone who is helping on the day, you can ignore the "grab a
ticket bit")

Just a quick email,

UCubed, a Debian and Ubuntu Unconference will be held this Saturday in
Manchester.
It is a free event, and we currently have 52 attendees booked for the day!
We have 8 places available, so if you fancy coming along, visit our website

http://ucubed.info

We'll have lots of talks and workshops on the day, and everyone is
encouraged to bring a talk or project along with them to share.

Current talks are

Dan Lynch's keynote
Aubergine is not the only colour, a look at three alternative Debian distros
Okay Computer, a look at the philosophy of free software
Whistlestop tour of Ubuntu, 30 minutes to learn cool features of Ubuntu
Android app developement

Current workshops are

Debian Arcade Machines
Debian Demo Area, provided by Blackpool LUG
<http://blackpoollug.blogspot.com/>

So grab a ticket and come along.

All the best

Les Pounder