[Blackpool] Barcamp Blackpool Ideas

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:32:29 UTC 2011

Blackpool LUG I have a couple of ideas for Barcamp Blackpool

   1. Lets run something similar to what Rob and I did at How Why DIY.
   http://lespounder.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/how-why-diy-22nd-august-2010/
      1. I'd love to be able to scrounge some donated kit from around
      Blackpool, and offer it free of charge to attendees.
      2. It would also encourage people from outside of the usual circles to
      come to Barcamp Blackpool.
   2. We use screens to show different information around the venue.
      1. Twitterfalls, flickr photos, videos etc all running from Linux kit.
      2. We could use netbooks to drive bigger screens.
      3. Hopefully I'll have my joggler powered cd burning kiosk finished
      too (and it may have a USB feature aswell :D )

Any comments welcome.

Thanks
Les