[Blackpool] Angry Beeks

Mark Watson mr_m_watson at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:30:32 UTC 2011

Haven't heard anything about Angry Beeks and how it is developing, recently.  Thought I'd mention a few ideas which your son may add to the game play to make it more score intensive Mike.  Especially now that it has the high score twitter thing added.

1) There should be waves of birds, so after say 30 have been dispensed, a wave would be over.

2) Each wave should be slightly faster, so harder to kill off

3) The score should be multiplied by the wave you are on.  So a bird has its score value multiplied

10 points (bird score) x 2 (wave 2)
10 points (bird score) x 3 (wave 3) etc

4) You should get a kill multiplier.  Ever 2 birds you kill your value multiplier is used on the value of the bird score.  Kill another 2 birds and the multiplier goes up again (x3)

10 points (bird score) x 2 (killed 2 birds in a row)
10 points (bird score) x 3 (killed 4 birds in a row)

At the end of the wave you get all the killer multipliers multiplied by the wave multipliers

10(bird score) x 2(killed 2 birds in a row)  x 2 (wave 2)
10(bird score) x 3(killed 4 birds in a row)  x 2 (wave 2)

If you miss, you could reset the kill multiplier or maybe not so harshly, halve it.  So if you were lucky to get a x8 kill multiplier it would go down to 4.  Which could then be were you start to build your multiplier up again.

5)  I think when the multiplier gets to say 15, you get the golden bird, which may travel the screen only once.  You hit it, you finish the wave out right.  Get say 1000 points for the bird which is then times by the kill multiplier and the wave multiplier.  Which could mean a huge score increase in one wave.

1000 (golden bird score) x 15 (killed 30 birds in a row) x 2 (wave 2) = 30,000

If a game is purely score based, I have always found big scores is where the thrill is at.  If you want bragging rights you need to have the 500,000+ scores to impress.  Since it is going to be a twitter thing.  Everyone knows that a new big score has been reached and people start to try and smash it.  Or at least ponders how someone got it.

Maybe there would be a break down of the how the score was achieved and sent to twitter to add another level of bragging to the score.

Was thinking about all that kind of stuff on holiday.  When I saw seagulls, it made me think :)

If all that kind of stuff has been implemented already, then please disregard this small rant

Mark