[Blackpool] Home Server project

Jon Chamberlain jonachamberlain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:52:20 UTC 2011

Chaps,

Following on from our discussion last meeting about personal clouds and
servers, I have decided to install FreeNAS on a box at home to provide
file sharing and media streaming services.

It installed without a hitch and seems a pretty polished piece of
software. However,  its based in FreeBSD, and my limited knowledge of
working with non-Debian linux is holding me back every time I need to do
something on the command line.

If anyone is familiar with FreeBSD, I'd appreciate a little assistance
at the next meeting.

Cheers,
Jon

PS How's ownCloud going Mike?