[Blackpool] Home Server project

Jon Chamberlain jonachamberlain at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:26:13 UTC 2011

Gents,

Thanks for your kind offers. The two issues I'm wrestling with at present
are:

1) Accessing FreeNAS outside of  my home network, which may be more to do
with the router than FreeNAS, The admin GUI for the router is on port 80,
so I have tried changing port of the FreeNAS GUI to 8080 (and of course
setting up port 8080 on the router to forward to FreeNAS). So far, cannot
get a connection (times out).

2) Setting FreeNAS up as a print server. I am using a really good howto I
found here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/freenas/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2116&start=0&hilit=print+server

the current error i'm hitting is just installing new packages, i.e.:

freenas:~# pkg_add -r lprng -P /mnt/mountname/app/
Error: Unable to get
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-7.3-release/Latest/lprng.tbz:
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch '
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-7.3-release/Latest/lprng.tbz'
by URL

Any suggestions you have on either would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Jon

Message: 3