[Blackpool] Home Server project

Jon Chamberlain jonachamberlain at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 12:47:09 UTC 2011

Thanks to Mike for much support yesterday.

Spent quite a bit of time trying to find a way to open port 80 on the
WAN side of my router, but it stubbornly refused. Actually, what I
really want to do was access my FreeNAS GUI which I have on port 8080.

The documentation on my router suggests NATing is straightforward, and
after arguing with the so-called tech support person at my ISP (who said
it was not possible), I re-started my router and the ports I had
forwarded, i.e.  22 and 8080, magically appeared (in Shields Up anyway).
Yeehah!

Obviously, I'm inside my network ;-) , if anyone would care to access
cchomeserver.no-ip.biz:8080 and tell me if you get the FreeNAS login?

Cheers,
Jon

On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 12:00 +0000, blackpool-request at mailman.lug.org.uk