[Blackpool] Blackpool LUG - Communications Strategy

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 11:58:33 UTC 2012

Hello everyone

Tony, Arran, Jon & Les have had a chat at Toast, and we are looking into a
comms strategy for the LUG.
We want to make sure that the LUG's activities are well publicised, and
that everyone has an equal chance to update the various comms.

*Social Media*

Currently we have the Twitter handle @blacc2 which is a joint account for
the Computer Club, and the LUG.

We thought that a separate account for the LUG would be in order.
So we have created the @towerlug https://twitter.com/#!/towerlug account,
and the hashtag #towerlug.
This account can be opened to all members of the lug, just drop me a line
off list for details.

*Facebook*

Please can we keep the Facebook site as is, but remove the refresh option
from the Blog?
Can we push tweets to the facebook page?

*Blog updates*

Tony, Arran, Jon and Les have agreed to update the LUG blog site, one
person will update the blog in a rota, for example, Les will write the blog
for the meeting on the 14th Jan. At the meeting the next blog writer will
be chosen for the meeting on the 21st

*Photos
*
Any photos* *from the LUG can be stored here*
*http://www.flickr.com/photos/45703688@N07/*
*
Videos can be stored on Archive.org or Youtube, whatever is convenient.*
*
*O'Reilly write ups

*Jon and Les have decided to ensure regular write ups are done for
O'Reilly, these will be posted to the blog and Amazon.

*LUG server

*Can we use an Amazon EC2 instance or something similar, say Bytemark for
LUG books & materials?

This is all open for discussion at the meeting on the 14th January.

Thanks
Les