[Blackpool] Blackpool LUG - Communications Strategy

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:26:23 UTC 2012

Hi Mike, everyone. Responses inline below.

Thanks
Les

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM, MJ Hewitt <admin at pcrecycler.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello everyone -
>
> This is excellent news, thank you Tony, Arran, Jon & Les.
>
> Last year, we moved the wiki off my hosting, and on to free hosting,
> anyone can edit it.
>
> With the formation of the writing group and rota, now would be a good
> time for the group to take responsibility/ownership of the LUG site,
> and move it off my account.
>
> Where and when to move the LUG site??  Suggestions please.
>
> Free hosting is available at lug.org.uk  and we have already reserved
> blackpool.lug.org.uk and placed a redirector on it. A move to lug.org
> would bring us in line with other LUGs, but it is obviously not the
> only option.

Happy to go with the consensus on this issue.

> The redirector from the LUG site to facebook has been removed as
> requested. I apologise for attempting to cut my workload like this
> without consulting the group first.

No apologies necessary, and you are right to consolidate your workload,
hopefully this comms strategy will enable the LUG to promote ourselves more
efficiently.

> The official twitter LUG channel has been created, and the  transfers
> away from accounts owned by me to accounts controlled by the group is
> almost complete.
>
> I have removed reference to @blacc2 on the facebook page and replaced
> it with @towerlug.

Thanks

> I will continue with updates to the facebook page, while the 'comms'
> strategy evolves.

Thanks again!

> It is great to see these initiatives taking place as the LUG grows and
> evolves, and I look forward to BlackpoolLUG version 2012.

I'm sure that Blackpool LUG will once again be the hardest working, and
most proactive LUG in the UK

> On a related point, Simon from Preston Hackerspace may visit us on the
> 14th. As Simon will be making a special journey to see us, perhaps the
> 'comms' discussion can be move to after the hackerspace discussion?

Completely agree, I think we should host the comms discussion on the 21st,
and devote the 14th to the hackerspace discussion.