[Blackpool] Fwd: [Mcr Girl Geeks] Fundraiser for MadLab Maintenance Day

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:34:14 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Samantha Bail" <samanthapbail at gmail.com>
Date: Jan 27, 2012 12:13 PM
Subject: [Mcr Girl Geeks] Fundraiser for MadLab Maintenance Day
To: <mancggd at googlegroups.com>

Hi everyone,

if you've been to our last event at MadLab, you will have heard of the
Maintenance Day. Our friends at the MadLab have big plans to fix up the
space - all they need is some helping hands (5th February) and donations!

We raised an amazing £60 at the last Girl Geek Tea Party, and I'm sure we
can add a little bit to that. They only need £1.60 per person from each
group, but feel free to donate more!

*****
For more information on the maintenance day, and to donate a few pounds
(via PayPal, quick and easy), please visit http://madlab.org.uk/content/**
fundraising-for-maintenance-**day/<http://madlab.org.uk/content/fundraising-for-maintenance-day/>
*****

We'll all benefit from a nicer MadLab!

Thanks a lot,

Sam

----------

Here's the plans for the Maintenance Day:

We will use the funds to

       • Create a better kitchen to house the oven donated by Lois
       • Build a bookshelf for all the tech manuals and magazines
       • Mount the projectors to the ceiling
       • Buy pizza for the volunteer maintenance crew
So far we have raised £265.60. This figure will be continually updated as
donations come in!

Some of the bigger items we need to purchase are :

       • Kitchen FAKTUM base cabinet 80mm
       • Kitchen NUMERÄR worktop, 1260mm
       • Varnish
       • New toilet door
       • Projector mounts (for both floors)
       • 2 15m long VGA cables
       • Lots of Chipboard
       • Lots of screws
If you can’t contribute, but would like to help, we can always use more
hands on the Maintenance Day – 5th Feb – please drop by with some
refreshments for the crew. Our resident film maker Maria will also be there
taking some footage for a sequel to Cupboard Love.

More information: http://madlab.org.uk/content/**
fundraising-for-maintenance-**day/<http://madlab.org.uk/content/fundraising-for-maintenance-day/>

Groups "Manchester Girl Geeks" group.