[Blackpool] Python intro

James Page jmsp.1983 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 15:02:08 UTC 2012

Hi everyone!

Great to (finally) make it down this morning and do some Python-y stuff -
really enjoyed it.

I'm running Python on my Windows laptop at the moment, but I can appreciate
that Python might have a more natural home in Linux, so I'm looking at
distros to install. I run a VPS with CentOS 5, so I'm more used to working
with that on the command line (to a very limited extent), but I've been
looking at Mint and Ubuntu to put on my laptop - can anybody help me make a
decision between the two?

Thanks,
James