[Blackpool] LUG is open for business

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:41:53 UTC 2012

Hi Tony

Do us a favour and run in a terminal (as root)

lshw >  lshw.txt
lspci > lspci.txt
lsusb > lsusb.txt

(Which means "run the command i.e lshw and dump (>) the output to a text
file for review (lshw.txt)

Then add them to the dropbox and let us have a look at them.

Thanks
Les

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Tony Hughes <
tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> at the meeting on Saturday I took on of those little net top thin clients
> that mike had.
>
> I've got a problem :-(
>
> The only live OS I can get to a GUI is Slitaz, mike has also had one
> running Tiny core so I'm assuming this will also run on the one I have.
>
> So I know the on board GPU is working but any live disc I use gets to the
> desktop and all the output I get is interference.
>
> To test the box I did a minimal Debian install without installing a GUI
> and it went ok. I then installed xorg through apt-get which also worked but
> as soon as I started x in the terminal I ended up with the same issue, all
> I get is a thin line scrolling up the screen.
>
> Anyone got any ideas or should I bring it next Saturday as a project?
>
> Tony

*Les Pounder*
http://about.me/lespounder
@biglesp on identi.ca & twitter