[Blackpool] Fwd: [GeekUp] Omniversity update

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:22:59 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Natalie Whittaker <office at madlab.org.uk>
Date: Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Subject: [GeekUp] Omniversity update
To: geekup at googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I wanted to let you know about some of our upcoming courses that might
be of interest to you.

Our programme of professional training courses - Omniversity - aims to
make cutting-edge skills available and affordable to creatives around
the North West, and beyond.

Details below...

Beginners' Guide to Arduino and Physical Computing
http://s.madlab.org.uk/beguarphco6<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://s.madlab.org.uk/beguarphco6&usg=AFQjCNEkIdNx6neM7LU2fvMu0blopRxWig>

June 9

We think Arduino is one of the most exciting things around - because
the possibilities really are endless.
This micro-controller has powered some fantastic art projects already.
Maybe yours could be next?
Don't worry, you don't have to be a tech geek to enrol. This is about
making the technology work for you, so it can be applied to all kinds
of weird and wonderful real-world environments.
Just think about what you could do with a computer input providing
information - and the expanses of your imagination to do the rest.
If you want to learn about how your computer can connect to the
physical world, then Arduino is for you.

WordPress for Beginners
http://s.madlab.org.uk/wpbeginners<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://s.madlab.org.uk/wpbeginners&usg=AFQjCNGsZdp4eSPaPRuaLtlzyHXCiGqUqg>

July 7 to 8

We're so excited that the co-founder of WordPress, one of the world's
premium blogging sites, is coming to MadLab to teach you how to build
your own home on the web, from scratch.
Some of the most-high profile companies and individuals in the world
use WordPress.
If you want to join them, think of this course as the bricks and
mortar telling you how to install software, add content, interact with
your readers, customise your look and make the site work for you.

I hope this will be of interest.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

Natalie.

 --
http://geekup.org/ | http://geekup.org/wiki/ | http://jobboard.geekup.org/