[Blackpool] Centos Printer Sharing problem

Jon Chamberlain jonachamberlain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:51:45 UTC 2012

I have a CentOS server running which has a Brother laser attached. Samba
and CUPS are running on the server.

The issue is that I can print from my laptop running Ubuntu without issue.
However, none of the windows 7 machines on my network can see it or print
to it. Pinging the server works fine.

I have tried setting up printing on the Windows 7 machines using samba
(can't see it) and IPP, but whilst IPP setup completes successfully,
nothing happens when sending print jobs - the jobs sit on the print queue
on the windows machines, but nothing is turning up at the server - CUPS
says there are no jobs.

Any suggestions?