[Blackpool] Fwd: Wubi/ubuntu question

MJ Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 14:41:01 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Singleton <quarkping at hotmail.com>
Date: 7 October 2012 13:05
Subject: Wubi/ubuntu question
To: MJ Hewitt <admin at pcrecycler.co.uk>

Hi,

I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of someone in the
Preston area who could help with a Wubi problem I'm having? Basically, I
installed Wubi because there is one application (a Sanskrit dictionary)
that I can't get to work within Ubuntu. However, I can't get my netbook  to
hibernate when I close the lid within Ubuntu (Toshiba NB305), and it's
useless without this function. I've read various threads saying that this
can't be fixed currently with Wubi. I have tried several suggested
workarounds that haven't succeeded.

I think there's another way to partition the drive so that I can still
access Windows, but not have Ubuntu run through that Windows OS (as it does
in Wubi, I think). So I've got two questions: 1) If this is possible, will
this fix the hibernation issue and 2) Is there a group running in the
Preston area that could help me do the necessary partitioning? I could
probably manage it myself, but I'm a bit afraid of screwing it up.

Thanks for any help you can suggest!

Mark