[Blackpool] Fwd: Introducing ORGCon North!

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:05:32 UTC 2013

Is anyone interested?

Thanks
Les

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ruth Coustick - ORG <ruth at openrightsgroup.org>
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Subject: Introducing ORGCon North!
To: lespounder at googlemail.com

  [image: Open Rights Group] <http://bit.ly/ORGis5join>*
*

Dear Les Pounder,

*You are invited to **ORGCon North 2013, *our new digital rights conference!
 [image: ORG Con North logo]

ORGCon North 2013 <http://www.openrightsgroup.org/events/2013/org-con-north>

*Headline speaker: **John Buckman *

Saturday 13 April

11.00am – 5.30pm

Friends Meeting House 6 Mount Street Manchester M2 5NS

Tickets: £11.00; Paying supporters: £6.00

*New supporters: Free *

*Book your tickets now!* <http://www.orgconorth.eventbrite.com>

*What’s happening?*

ORG are coming North this year!
<http://www.openrightsgroup.org/events/2013/org-con-north>We are bringing
an ORG flavoured digital rights conference to Manchester on Saturday April
13th.

The event is packed with exciting speakers, panel debates and workshops.

John Buckman, chairman of the board at Electronic Frontier Foundation and
founder of the record label Magantune is giving the keynote speech on
challenges that ORG will be facing in the coming year.

Key ORG issues, such as Section 127 and freedom of speech, the
Communications Data Bill, privacy and copyright will all be discussed by
experts, see our provisional programme for more details.
<http://www.openrightsgroup.org/events/2013/org-con-north>

We'll be running an “unconference track” with room for any attendees, panel
guests or ORG staff to give a talk or start a pop-up debate on something
you care about.

*Free tickets are available for ORG supporters who join before April 13th:
find out more at the event
page<http://www.openrightsgroup.org/events/2013/org-con-north>and join
ORG now. <http://www.openrightsgroup.org/join>*

We look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

Ruth Coustick

Member Support Officer
Open Rights Group

If you like what we do, please join us <http://www.openrightsgroup.org/join>
If you wish to opt out of future emails, you can do so
here<http://action.openrightsgroup.org/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=1422&ea.campaign.id=6660>
.

--
*Les Pounder*