[Blackpool] Fwd: asus eee pc701

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:47:44 UTC 2014

Hi Geoff

Rob is right about the scrolling :)

The eee pc 701 (4g and sd) use the atheros wifi card. Which is really good
but tricky to install on certain distros. The best distro I have used with
the EEE is Crunchbang, but it isn't to everyones taste. Debian works quite
well, and Lubuntu should be ok, but 2GB of RAM would really help.

Happy to help on Saturday, I'll resurrect mine from the archives :)

Les

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM, B McLellan <bob.mclellan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I seem to remember that on the 701 I had the installer never got the screen
> resolution right. You had to hold Alt then click and drag dialogs on the
> screen to get to the buttons and advance the installer. Once installed you
> could change the resolution to fit.
>
> Rob
>

> On 9 June 2014 09:48, Michael <heed at bigmassiveheed.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Wow, a 701...blast from the past.
> >
> > Have a look at the following:
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EeePC/Fixes
> >
> > Failing that have a play with Crunchbang ( http://crunchbang.org/ ), My
> > 700
> > happily runs that with no issues
> >

> > On 9 June 2014 09:30, MJ Hewitt <admin at pcrecycler.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Mike
> > >   Did sign up but forgot how to log in, anyway hope this gets
> > > through. Can anybody help to put a distro on an Asus eee pc701 (7"
> > > screen 900MHz & 1Gb memory), have put Ubuntu 12.04 on but no wireless
> > > (seems to be a common problem) & cannot scroll down or across. Any
> > > Linux OS that will work on this m/c?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >                                    Geoff

Les Pounder